The 700-person-capacity Cargo on Commrow's third floor will get quite the entertainment lineup for 2012. Check out the artists announced below.
Saturday, January 21 commemorates Cargo’s official Grand Opening where nationally-touring musicians Royal Bliss will headline their C.D. release party starting at 8 p.m. This all ages, $10 per person event will benefit a local charity. Their soulful modern rock is infused with heavy riffs and heartfelt lyrics, demonstrated in their new album, “Wake up”, which was produced by Brian Virtue, who has also worked with such artists as Chevelle, the Deftones, and 30 Seconds to Mars.
Ronnie Montrose will rock Cargo on January 28 when doors open at 8 p.m. In his four decade-long musical career, this legendary American guitarist has led several bands plus performed with renowned musicians like Sammy Hagar, Van Morrison and Edgar Winter. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 day of show, and $40 VIP seating.
Country artist Terri Clark brings “Roots and Wings Unplugged” to the Cargo stage on February 3, with doors opening at 8 p.m. This guitar-strumming songstress has sold more than four million albums and was the first Canadian female to be inducted into the Grand Ole Opry. Tickets are $23.50 in advance, $27.50 day of show, and $56 for VIP.
Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day just a bit early are Irish rockers the Young Dubliners on February 24. With a devoted fan base and their original Irish and Celtic-flavored rock, the band’s shows are renowned for having “jig pits” break out in the audience. Doors will open at 8 p.m., show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, or $25 day of show, with VIP seating starting at $40.
Chali 2Na of Jurassic 5 fame will show off his hip-hop prowess on February 11 at 9 p.m. Having performed to sold-out crowds across the globe, he attributes the shaping of his lyrical skills to the wide spectrum of socio-cultural and geographical influences he’s experienced throughout his life. Doors will open at 8 p.m., performance begins at 9 p.m. Tickets are available for $17 in advance, and $21 day of show, with VIP seating starting at $31.
Below is a full line-up of Cargo’s entertainment, more of which will be added as the year progresses. Doors for all listed will open at 8 p.m., with the show beginning at 9 p.m. Tickets for all are available at www.TicketWeb.com.
- Downplay - Saturday, January 7; 18 years and older, $15
- DJ Set by Ladytron, featuring Reuben Wu – Thursday, January 12; $11
- Hemme – Friday, January 13; $6
- Royal Bliss – Saturday, January 21; $10 to benefit local charity
- The Adicts – Wednesday, January 25; $18/advance, $21/day of
- Ronnie Montrose – Saturday, January 28; $20/advance, $25/day of, $40/VIP
- Terri Clark Performs “Roots & Wings Unplugged” – Friday, February 3; $23.50/advance, $27.50/day of, $56/VIP
- Billy Martini – Saturday, February 4; $9/advance, $11/day of, $16/advance VIP, $21/day of VIP
- Chali 2Na - Saturday, February 4; $16/advance, $20/day of, $31/advance VIP, $36/door VIP
- Tommy Castro – Saturday, February 18; $20/advance, $26/day of, $40/advance VIP, $45/day of VIP
- Wayne Static of Static X– Thursday, February 23; $20/advance, $26/day of, $40/advance VIP, $45/day of VIP
- Young Dubliners – Friday, February 24; $20/advance, $26/day of, $40/advance VIP, $45/day of VIP
- The Green with Passafire – Tuesday, March 6;$11/advance, $16/day of, $36/day of VIP
- Brother Ali – Tuesday, May 1; $19/advance, $23/day of
The pet-friendly HANG Hotel and an outdoor “Adventure Deck” offering BMX and skate parks, an outdoor bouldering facility, seasonal restaurant and other attractions are scheduled for 2012.