Here's a look inside the Y Wellness Downtown Center. I plan on returning with my hefty 12-megapixel Canon Digital Rebel Xi but in the interim here are some initial pictures. It was much brighter than I expected, with 5 skylights pouring in natural lighting and several new windows on the side. The work-out machines all looked state of the art, although I don't spend much time in a gym LOL so I am not quite sure how to compare their equipment to other gyms...but everything was new and shiny. The locker rooms are spacious, and the gym has a room dedicated to child care so moms and dads can focus on their workouts.
The Y Downtown Wellness Center includes:
- 14,000 square feet on one floor
- 30 LifeFitness iPod & iPhone friendly cardio machines with individual TV screens
- 30 HammerStrength circuit machines
- Full line of free weights
- Dedicated Cycling Room
- Dedicated Group Exercise Room Click to see Group Class Schedule
- Healthy Lifestyle Coaches
- Spacious Men's/Women's Locker Rooms each with 100 day-use lockers
- Free WiFi
- Renown HealthStation
- Company Y Wellness Subsidy Program: The Y matches company membership subsidy up to $20/month
Child Watch Hours
They make it easy for you to improve your health and well-being. Their convenient on-site child watch area provides supervised activities for youth 6 months – 7 years in a semi-structured program. Child Watch is open Monday - Friday from 9a to 12.30p and 4p to 8p and Saturday from 9a to 12.30p.