1. Long's Drugs - There's a City Council meeting on the 12th, and check out C.14 Approval to the Reno City Attorney's Office to research viability of filing a lawsuit relating to the uses allowed at the location of the former Riverboat Hotel and Casino, which is on Second Street, Reno, Nevada, with respect to land uses or other claims, and providing authority to file such suit.
2. WeFi Indoor Year-Round Urban Market - In a recent DIA Presentation, Mark Lewis hinted to the 'area' for the indoor urban market. Although he wouldn't name the exact spot, a very engaged audience coaxed several clues out of him: It's proposed location is between 1st and 2nd Street, on West Street, and not on the bottom floor of the Comstock.
3. CommRow - Sorry Myrna, it doesn't look like Dave Aizzi and the rest of the council is going with the name Plaza Del Sesso. I was the one who submitted that name to your name contest, BTW, so I am equally saddened as you are. Anyway lol, during his presentation Mark Lewis referred to the trench covers, and the general area following Commercial Row/Plaza St. over to the proposed baseball stadium as ''CommRow'. It's a throwback to when Commercial Row was the bomb in Reno...the place to do business and be seen, I believe he said construction would commence in January for the 2-block covers.
4. Amendment 21 Sports Bar and Grill - Will be taking over the space where Adele's, Spencer's Steakhouse and the Blue Trout formerly occupied in the BofA Building on Liberty and Virginia.
5. December 19 Planning Commission Meeting - Though as of this writing the agenda hasn't been posted yet, I know two important issue to the Wells Avenue neighborhood will be on tap. First, the Wells Avenue Neighborhood Plan that dozens of residents including me have worked so hard on will be submitted to the Planning Commission Dec 19, and also, the public hearing for Mill Street Townhomes will be on the agenda. Mill Street Townhomes is the 28-townhome project on Mill and Holcomb.