For a broader brush "east end revitalization summary" PICTURE that goes beyond the Trench Study and examines the overall impact of 17 possible near-term and longer-term changes, see below with corresponding color guide and table underneath. With a little motivation and hard work, the City and developers/investors could completely transform the east side of downtown.
|Blue - possible public projects||Yellow - possible retail projects||Orange - possible mixed use projects (retail and residential)||Green - possible residential projects||Pink - possible river enhancements||Gray - potential redevelopment (unknown type)|
1) Current RTC Bus station – Currently being sold to the Redevelopment Agency who will then turn it over to SK/Baseball/Nevada Land 2 for future retail development. SK Baseball will reinburse the city for the cost of buying this property from RTC.
2) Conversion of unused street level portion of Bowling Stadium with new pedestrian bridge connecting to Old Train Depot – proposed transition to NEW RETAIL/RESTAURANT
3) Proposed New RTC station (completion 2010?) – Currently under construction
4) Men’s Club block – possible transition to NEW RETAIL/RESTAURANT
5) Baseball Stadium!
6) Aging Residential Motels on four prime riverfront parcels - two of which are owned by the redevelopment agency and boarded up. Prime future redevelopment candidates.
7) Possible redevelopment of Police Station parcel if the proposed new Public Safety facility is built on Keystone – type of possible redevelopment unknown.
8) Grants Landing – Project completely scrapped.
9) Possible new Residential (bought by Ryder Homes and rezoned multifamily)
10) Townhouses at Holcomb Place – Completed
11) Waterfront – Approved Mixed Use (residential and retail)
12) Waterfront sales office parcel - future redevelopment candidate after Waterfront completion.
13) 10 North Plaza and proposed canopy (projected completion 2008)
14) 10 North Plaza Retail Component (projected completion 2008)
15) Proposed Post Office conversion to retail and River Access Plaza (projected completion 2009)
16) Eco-Channel River Project (projected completion 2007)
17) Second Whitewater Park Project - $3.3 million earmarked for construction