A Day of Sneak Peeks Part 2: Ross Apartments. Check out Ross Manor's renovations of their 1 bedroom units, along with a name change to Ross Apartments.Read More
In the city council meeting agenda for next Wednesday, there are a crop of cool things in the pipeline. Here's a suite of businesses applying for licenses:
- Mellow Fellow - 300 East Second Street, Suite 104-Bar...This is located across the street from the Reno Aces Ballpark.
- Crafted Palette - 130 West Street - Cabaret - This will be a high-end coffee shop and sip-and-paint venue in the evenings where Beaujalais was formerly located, on West Street.
- Derby Supply Company - 123 West First Street, Suite B - Bar - This will be an old-fashion style barbershop where you can also grab a drink at the same time! Located in one of the Ross Apartments First Street retail spaces.
- Shelter, 111 North Virginia Street - Cabaret. This is a bowling alley/sports bar/night club featured here.
- Sierra Wellness - 1605 East 2nd Street, Suite 103 - This will be a medical marijuana dispensary going in next to Opa Deli and Suzie's Adult Books, on 2nd Street across from Renown Hospital.
A couple of quick announcements:
1) The old Beaujolais location 130 West Street has been rented out to a new business called “Crafted Palette”. This will be a high-end specialty coffee shop with light breakfasts’ in addition to a paint and sip venue in the late afternoon and evenings. Like them on Facebook here.
2) 123 W. First Street (Old Bugsy’s Bar Location); one side has been leased to a business called “Derby Supply Company”. This will be a 1930’s style barbershop. They are offering cocktails while one might be getting a true straight razor shave and haircut. Look for build-out to begin late Spring, early Summer.Read More
The Virginian is looking for a few good retail and food venues for its ground-floor and basement levels of the upcoming Virginian renovation. Check out the cool photos of the Virginian, still frozen in time, posted on their ad. Amazing!Read More
Reno Sculpture Fest will take place between the Whitney Peak and El Dorado on the ReTrac Plaza from May 8th-10th. The festival will feature over fifteen talented local artists including eight new commissioned sculptures for the event. The new pieces will be human sized or larger, up to 14 feet tall.Read More
Look for a new project coming to this corner of Stewart and Sinclair, on the border between Downtown, Midtown and the Wells Avenue Conservation district. I don't know much about the project yet, other than it will comprise of the empty lot next to the green Victorian, the space between the green Victorian and the smaller home on Sinclair, and then the small green home on Sinclair as well. It will be residential., and it's not a Marmot project.Read More
Just a quick rumor I heard at Shea's Tavern in Midtown; Midtown Eats will eventually be moving over to Cheney Street to a new building near Death and Taxes. This, I knew already. This makes sense, since both venues are run by Sadie and Ivan.
Then I heard that Shea's will be taking over Midtown Eat's restaurant space, opening a new restaurant, and the new kitchen wil serve both Shea's and the new restaurant.
This way, Shea's can remain a smoking venue.Read More