Downtown Reno and Midtown Breaking News
Tags: downtown Reno retail
Interior demo should begin soon, if it hasn't already, at 190 South Center Street, the old Pine Food and Spirits store. It's part of a larger renovation happening, reported here.
The permit includes removal of sheetrock and ceiling drywall.18 Feb 2016
In the city council meeting agenda for next Wednesday, there are a crop of cool things in the pipeline. Here's a suite of businesses applying for licenses:
- Mellow Fellow - 300 East Second Street, Suite 104-Bar...This is located across the street from the Reno Aces Ballpark.
- Crafted Palette - 130 West Street - Cabaret - This will be a high-end coffee shop and sip-and-paint venue in the evenings where Beaujalais was formerly located, on West Street.
- Derby Supply Company - 123 West First Street, Suite B - Bar - This will be an old-fashion style barbershop where you can also grab a drink at the same time! Located in one of the Ross Apartments First Street retail spaces.
- Shelter, 111 North Virginia Street - Cabaret. This is a bowling alley/sports bar/night club featured here.
- Sierra Wellness - 1605 East 2nd Street, Suite 103 - This will be a medical marijuana dispensary going in next to Opa Deli and Suzie's Adult Books, on 2nd Street across from Renown Hospital.
Public tours are offered 10 am to 4 pm every 30 minutes on Sunday, March 22. A $20 donation will be collected at the door to support Renown Children’s Hospital.16 Mar 2015
A couple of quick announcements:
1) The old Beaujolais location 130 West Street has been rented out to a new business called “Crafted Palette”. This will be a high-end specialty coffee shop with light breakfasts’ in addition to a paint and sip venue in the late afternoon and evenings. Like them on Facebook here.
2) 123 W. First Street (Old Bugsy’s Bar Location); one side has been leased to a business called “Derby Supply Company”. This will be a 1930’s style barbershop. They are offering cocktails while one might be getting a true straight razor shave and haircut. Look for build-out to begin late Spring, early Summer.16 Mar 2015
Henriksen/Butler specializes in creating great workspaces for government, business, healthcare and education, and will be holding an open house to show off their showroom. Click for details!21 Jan 2015
And just like that, Lululemon fills one of the last vacant spots available at the Riverside at Washington project on the 700-block of Riverside Drive. Their grand opening is Thursday, April 3 from 10 am to 5 pm. Check out their schedule below:
Here are the deets:
10am to 5pm: You'll be able to meet their team and check out all the new product they received.
5:30pm to 6:30pm: Complimentary Yoga with Lily Hoog-Fry from The Studio.1 Apr 2014